…This is the number one question people ask when it comes to social media marketing.
The interesting thing here is that there’s really an endless amount of ideas for you to use when it comes to posting on social.
Before you skip this and jump down to the list, here are a few tips to get the most impact out of these ideas:
1. Make it RELEVANT for your audience.
If you choose to share something from your bucket list…
Can you relate it back to your business?
Can you add an open-ended question so it sparks people to engage?
2. Talk TO your audience, don’t talk AT them. This is social media. People are looking for stories and posts that they connect with. If you’re not wording posts socially, you close the door for engagement.
DON’T DO THIS: I read a quote this morning, liked it, and wanted to share it with you.
DO THIS: Have you ever read a quote and thought, “Wow, I really needed to hear that?” Well, I found one this morning that was so perfect, I had to pass it on to you. It’s a difference in the way you talk with people. I promise you’ll see a difference in how people respond when you word things just a little differently.
3. EVERYTHING you post should ALWAYS support your weekly, monthly, annual marketing, and business goals.
– Post to connect.
– Post to learn more about your audience.
– Post to start a conversation.
– Post to get leads.
– Post to drive traffic.
– Post to build your business.
The more you do this, the faster you reach your goals.
Ok…so you’re ready for this list!
70 KILLER CONTENT IDEAS TO POST ON SOCIAL MEDIA
1. Remind People Who You Are, How You Got Started
2. Go Behind The Scenes
3. Share a Personal Story
4. Tell People What You Sell
5. Share a Joke (Graphics or Text)
6. Share a Quote (Graphics or Text)
7. Host an #AMA (Ask Me Anything)
8. Â Post a How-To or Tutorial
9. Ask a Question
10. Host a Poll
11. Share Your Favorite Book
12. Ask for Recommendations (Book, TV, Apps, Music, Something related to your biz)
13. Host a Giveaway
14. Tell People to Sign Up On Your Email List
15. Give away a coupon
16. Host a Sale
17. Remind People To BuyÂ Your Products or Services
18. Share a Quick Tip
19. Share Industry News (Add Your Thoughts To It)
20. Go LIVE (Live Videos Perform AMAZINGLY WELL)
21. Post a Sneak Peek of something coming soon
22. Share a Blog Post You Wrote
23. Share Any Press or PR Features You Have
24. Post a Testimonial From a Client
25. Give Your Audience A Gift
26. Re-Share Some Older Content (Graphics, Quotes, Blog Posts)
27. Host a 1 Day Only Flash Sale
28. Share Content From Someone Else
29. Let Someone Guest Post or Takeover Your Profile
30. Post a Case Study
31. Answer FAQ’s
32. Share Some Personal Wins or Results
33. Host an Interview with a Guest
34. Post Something Seasonal or Highlight a Holiday
35. Thank Your Fans!
36. Post Motivational Monday
37. Post a Tuesday Tip
38. Post a Wednesday Wisdom
39. Post a Throwback Thursday
40. Post a Flashback Friday
41. Share a Short Video Clip (Yours or one you like)
42. Share a podcast episode you love
43. Share a YouTube video you love
44. Post some interesting stats or data about your industry
45. Share your favorite resources (Apps, Websites, Blogs)
46. Share a WIN or SUCCESS
47. Share a LOSS or a FAILURE
48. Share Your Morning Routine
49. Post about events you’re hosting or going to
50. Post where you’ll be speaking or where you’re making appearances
51. Share an Unknown Feature About Your Products or Services
52. Let Your Employee Take Over For a Day
53. Show someone using your product
54. Post a discount or a special offer
55. Tell People How You Got Started
56. Share What Inspired You To Create Your Product or Service
57. Shoutout or Mention Other Brands
58. Shoutout or Mention Your Clients
59. Share a Success Story
60. Share a Few Of Your Favorite Things
61. Post a Fill In The Blank
62. Talk about Mistakes People Are Making
63. Share a Tweet You Like
64. Share a Pinterest Pin You Like
65. Share Your Other Social Profiles to Connect On
66. Share Your Contact Info
67. Post About A Trip You’ve Taken
68. Share a Charity You’ve Partnered With
69. Post About Something On Your Bucket List
70. Ask Your Audience How They Found You